Mediation orientations are free of charge and private. Just you and your spouse, partner, or other parent will be present, along with one or more of the Peace Talks mediators.
Orientations generally last 20-40 minutes depending on how many questions you have.
Orientations give you the chance to meet one of our mediators, to see our offices, and to get your questions answered so you can decide if mediation might work for you.
Here’s an outline for our orientation sessions:
- Answer clients’ questions first
- Value, Benefits and Results of mediation
- Why mediation works and litigation doesn’t work
- Time and cost
- Attorneys’ roles, mediation friendly attorneys
- Typical first session
- Mediation summary letters
- Mediator Styles
- Product vs. Process
- Legal information & education vs. legal advice
- Joint sessions vs. individual caucuses
- Balanced discussions
- Peace Talks has been featured twice in Consumer Reports: February 2008 Consumer Reports & June 2006 Consumer Reports Money Adviser
- Offer more information